We are so happy to have Madison officially on our Mag Team. After submitting this fabulous content for Issue 2, we cannot wait to see what she has in store for Issue 4 now that she's a member!
Top 15 Tips on Doing Your Makeup
Disclaimer: These are all just suggestions!
1. Use an eye primer before putting on any eye makeup.
2. Put on all eye makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner) before
putting your face makeup on (foundation, concealer, blush, etc.).
3. Try to use makeup that either matches your skin tone,
or is one shade darker.
4. Always remember to blend your foundation well. Make sure to smooth it out under your chin and down your neck so it looks like it matches your skin (even if it doesn’t).
5. Make sure your concealer brightens your eyes and doesn’t make them look darker (i.e. always get a
concealer that is a shade lighter than your foundation, or on the lighter side so that it makes you look more awake)
6. Always put on all liquid makeup before using any
powders. Once you use a powder on your face, never go back to liquid. (except for eyeshadows)
7. For all of those who use eyeliner, in order to get a straight line across the top, you want to get as close as you can to the eyelashes (even if you are on top of them). Your line will at first look really slim, but you can build on top of that. The key here is to go as slow as possible. Practice makes perfect!
8. In order to make your eyes look more open/bigger, don’t put your eyeliner all the way across the lid of your eye.
9. I usually use eye shadow as my eyeliner, that way if I mess up it is easier to get off/fix. If you use liquid, gel, pencil or felt tip, it is sometimes harder to fix without messing up the rest of your eye makeup.
10. When doing your eyeshadow always put on a base color (a light color) then build on top of that. I usually go lightest to darkest across the lid of my eye (i.e. lightest color in the corner and first, then the middle color blended out from the middle to the end of my eye, getting darker as it goes out and then the darkest color on the outer corner and blended through your crease).
11. If you like the look of under eye makeup, smudge the outer corner makeup you used (or crease color) and make sort of a V shape with you eye going from the top lash line, and then make a small V to the bottom lash line. Remember to only bring it across about 1/4 or 1/2 way across the bottom lash line.
12. When applying bronzer, start at your forehead and continue down using a three motion hitting your cheekbone till you get to the middle of it and then the rest of the three is brought down under your chin.
13. For blush I bring it from the middle of my cheekbone to my temple.
14. Recommended order of applying makeup: Eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, concealer (or concealer, foundation, they can be switched), setting powder, bronzer, blush, mascara, eyebrows.
15. When doing eyebrows, start in the middle, working on the end of your eyebrow, then make your way back toward the middle and then to the inner corner. The inner corner should not be very dark, the darkest parts being the end/wing and the middle.