Inspiring Teens Magazine - ITMGZ.com
Summer 2016 Issue
Article & images by Carly D'Angelo
Central Bucks West High School
18 Things I’ve Learned Before Turning 18
In my short 17 years on Earth, I’ve learned a lot of valuable lessons. As more and more mistakes are made, the more lessons are learned. I’ve compiled a list of 18 valuable lessons that I’ve learned before my next birthday, where I’ll be 18!
1. Find a way to make yourself happy before you find someone else to do that for you.
2. Don’t compare yourself to the Victoria’s Secret Models.
3. YOU decided what you do with your body, not someone else.
4. Sometimes, you will be wrong.
5. Surround yourself with people that motivate & support you.
6. Separate yourself from people that try to make you feel bad about yourself.
7. Not everyone is going to like you, and it’s okay.
8. Start learning to do things on your own.
9. Appreciate your parents making you food, they won’t do that forever.
10. Change is definitely not easy.
11. There are actually people that care about you.
12. Don’t care what other people think..sing as loud as you can in public.
13. Eating Chipotle after going to the gym will ruin your workout.
14. Men are not the brightest creatures on the planet.
15. Look up from your phone every once in awhile.
16. You’re a lot smarter than you think.
17. Boys come and go, but your girlfriends will always be there.
18. You are beautiful!